Access to knowledge
About this Map assists government, NGO's and academia achieve knowledge
translation and transfer through better design and infographics.
Tom Axtell has spent his career working for First Nations and Inuit communities to produce information products that engage communities in social and economic development.
Tom and his associates combine research, journalistic and instructional design approaches to deliver data visualizations that result in targeted change. Take a sneak peek at the Numbers to Knowledge News, a blog that will showcase statistics from around the world that are having an impact.
From research to practice
* Knowledge translation
* Data visualization
* Data mapping
* Web application (PHP, Drupal and WordPress)
* Indicator development
* Health promotion and social marketing
* Library development
* Program design and evaluation
* Project management
* Skills training and distance learning
* Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)